What Are YouTube Bumper Ads?
A YouTube Bumper Ad is used for increasing brand reach and frequency. They are a six second long video and are available through Google Ads as an add-on to traditional campaigns. They can be played across mobile and desktop patterns. They are advantageous in the way that they can extend the reach of an existing campaign and complement broader messaging.
Why Use Bumper Ads?
Bumper ads are a great way to reach a targeted audience and are a cost effective way. YouTube bumper ads are short in time but however are long in impact.
Examples of Bumper Ads
- Nescafe– This bumper Ad simple and effective. It shows an invisible clock ticking whilst a coffee shop empties and a jar of coffee appearing when it need to be refilled. The brand name is clearly shown at the end of the video.
- Pg Tips Green Tea- This bumper ad video is more unusual. It shows a teddy near which would appeal to children and in turn would persuade parents to buy in order to please their children.
How much Do They Cost?
- YouTube bumper ads are low in cost at a rate of 10-30 cent per view.
- The cost is dependent on your videos quality, your goal and your targeting
- Bumper ads use CPM, This is cost per thousand impression. You pay when your video has been viewed at least 1000 times.
Creating a Successful Bumper Ad Tips
- Attract– You have 6 seconds to make an impact on viewers so it is vital to capture their attention immediately. The use of humour, sound and familiar faces can help in doing this
- Brand– The brand should be integrated within the ad in a meaningful way. This is more effective than just using a logo.
- Connect- Making an emotional connection with viewers helps with creating a high brand awareness and increases views. Emotional connections can be made through humour, suspense, sound or horror
How To Create YouTube Bumper Ads
Follow the instructions on Hootsuiteblog to successfully create a Bumper Ad. Before you set up your YouTube ad campaign, you must upload your ad footage to YouTube. Once this is done sign into your AdWords account and get started.
- Click Campaigns on the main toolbar.
- Click the +Campaign button , then New campaign.
- Select Video as your campaign type.
- Establish your campaign goal and subtype.
- Name your campaign.
- Enter your budget.
- Enter the locations and networks where you want your ad to appear, as well as the locations and networks you’d like to exclude.
- Enter your target audience’s language.
- Name your ad group.
- Establish your bid amounts.
- Select audiences for targeting.
- Select the YouTube video you’ve uploaded for this campaign.
- Select your ad format (In-Stream or Discovery).
- Click Save and Continue.
For more instructions on how to create bumper ads you can watch this video